MHeNs is involved in the curricula of several Master’s programmes:
- In the 2-years Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience. MHeNs staff are responsible for the coordination of two of the five specialisations i.e.: Fundamental Neuroscience and Psychopathology. Several staff members are also actively involved in the specialisation Neuropsychology. These three specialisations form an important source of PhD students for the MHeNs PhD program.
- The 2-year Master program Biomedical Sciences. This 2-year, joint master program (Maastricht University and University Hasselt, Belgium) is educationally equivalent to a research master.
- The 4-year Research Master Physician-Clinical Investigator (A-KO).
- The International Master in Affective Neuroscience, which is spread over two years. The program is intended for graduates in medicine, psychology or behavioural sciences.
- The European Master of Translational Neuroscience (EMTN) is currently under development. This 2–year research master program will be an international research training program in cellular, molecular and systems neuroscience with the major focus on the translation of basic research for clinical applications. The curriculum is provided by eight academic partners in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany. All EMTN facilities are located in the EUregio (Maastricht, Hasselt, Aachen, Liège). While Maastricht University assumes the lead in this international consortium all partners contribute to all stages of the curriculum. The program will be submitted for accreditation in 2013/2014 in the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium).